This is one of my favourites because I’m a fan to ramekins and baked foods: baked rice, baked pasta… omnomnom~ (Sorry for my horrible camera skills!)
This is one of those dishes that can work as a meal or a side, but mostly a meal with other sides. It contains items from most of the food groups: grains (rice and potatoes), vegetables (broccoli and cream mushrooms), meat (sausages) and dairy (cream mushroom).
For the recipe, I forgot how much I made since this was almost 6 months ago since I tried this, I got the original recipe from Wiffy and upped the amount of ingredients. (I’m a carb monster, so I couldn’t help myself…)
The ingredients (that I think I used):
+ 2 cups of uncooked rice
+ Water to cook rice
+ 50g butter
+ 10 garlic cloves, peeled
+ 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced
+ 2 broccoli (? Is it “broccoli”? 1 Bunch = multiple broccoli? Or “Florets”?), trimmed and peeled stump (I don’t waste any part of it =) )
+ 2 hot dogs
+ Half can of corn niblets
+ Cream of mushroom
+ Kraft Tex Mex cheese
+ Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C (392F).
2. Melt the butter in the microwave to liquify it.
3. Add all together into the rice cooker: washed rice, water to cook rice (the amount depends on the rice cooker. I’m pretty lazy so I use the method of using my pinky finger. Disperse the rice evenly and rest your pinky just on the top of the rice. Add just enough water to meet just shy of the first joint), liquified butter, whole garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Cook.
4. Since I don’t have an upper rack in my rice cooker like Wiffy does, I had to use a separate pot and steamer for the other ingredients. Put the sliced potatoes and the broccoli florets into the steamer and steam just enough that the broccoli is soft enough to break apart.
5. Grab another pot and boil the hot dogs until cooked.
6. When the rice is cooked and the broccoli is soft, put the broccoli into the rice, and mash until evenly broken up and dispersed.
7. Add hot dogs and corn niblets and mix.
8. Put the mixture into an oven-safe container (or multiple containers)
9. Smear some of the undiluted cream of mushroom onto the top of the mixture.
10. Layer on the steamed potato slices.
11. Layer on the cheese.
12. Put it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
13. Take it out of the oven, and wait ~5 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe from: Wiffy @ Noobcook.com